Friday, April 10, 2009

Beta

Today we had our Beta deliverable for Senior Production, and I'm happy to say that I think it went really well. Transcendence is really looking good, as frustrating as this project has been at times, it takes it to a whole new level actually seeing your art in action. I think it's so funny how the art sometimes can take on a whole new life when you see it finally implemented, putting so much time into every screen sometimes makes me feel like I never want to see it again, but then seeing it in action can't help but make you proud. Today was an interesting day seeing what everyone has been working on, and with all of them being pretty promising is really awesome. Sure there have been extreme ups and downs, but I think our class has done a good job tackling these and creating some quality work.

All this aside, today felt like sort of a somber day seeing every one's projects so close to the end, and then in class we were asked if we'd write a post mortem that didn't have to include just this project but could also be our career at Champlain. Beta is a good title to put on this point of the semester, we're so close to the end... so close to delivering what should be a product of our time here, and ending this production cycle we call college.

I know I've run the gambit of emotions as far as graduation is concerned, but at this point I can't help but be so excited. It's sort of like looking bright eyed into the future, wondering what you'll do and how things will end up, but knowing that there are infinite possibilities. I'm confident that I'll find my place, wherever it may be...

On another level I've been thinking a lot of things I may want to work on in the near future, I know it's ridiculous... I'm finally getting to a point where I may actually have some free time soon, and already I'm filling it up with projects in my head. Yet I'm really inspired right now, I want to explore my skill set and the possibilities of what sorts of things I might be able to create. Right now I've been talking with another artist whose art is... well pretty much the polar opposite of mine and I'm really interested in finding ways we may be able to combine our styles into an interesting juxtaposition. I think that's the biggest thing I want to do now... explore. Explore my craft, my possibilities, and myself.

Ugh I kind of want to start ranting about some of my concepts but will be keeping these to myself for a little while longer at least. Anyways I suppose that's all for now... I've reached Beta, looking forward to GoldMaster.

No comments: