Monday, September 8, 2008

Not making the cut...


I think it’s fairly safe to say that I’ve been through a lot in this past year… I used to say that a person is merely made of up their experiences and I wanted to experience. In some sort of twisted self-fulfilling prophecy I haven’t just had “experiences,” no that would be understating the places I’ve been, things I’ve seen, and people I’ve had the pleasure to talk to. Through all of this I continue to learn and become some kind of better animal, more able to adapt with the intensities of life. Yet every time I feel as though I have a stable footing, I’m reminded that nothing in my life seems to be written in stone. I used to embrace this flexibility, still do in most respects, and have learned from it. Once such lesson I’ve already blogged about, knowing when exactly to kill a project or creation that is deemed un-necessary. There could be many reasons for doing so, but the lesson learned is to not be married to your creations. I’ve recently read quite a bit about companies who make the same sorts of pruning many of us do in our production phases, these cuts help make the company more lean and productive. Today I saw this in another context… Today I was cut from someone’s life (someone who I care deeply for), in hopes of possibly increasing their own productivity in a sense…

In many ways I understand where this person is coming from, this doesn’t mean I have to agree or even like this decision. I’m not meaning this to be a vengeful post by any means, and I hope that others who read into this won’t think of me as being too bitter. This is just something that’s obviously stuck with me today, and I feel as though I had to comment on it.

Today I lost my footing, tomorrow I’ll get back up again… because it’s what I do and how I survive.

...and hey things could always be worse and let's hope our AA map doesn't meet the same fate =)

1 comment:

Raymond McCarthy Bergeron said...

Regarding AA, check out the new info. Seems to me that canyon may have a light at the end of the tunnel... Just fix those damn hills... ;o)